I love Thanksgiving. For me, this particular weekend has always been overflowing with family, fellowship, food, and fun.
If I could keep my mind focused on being thankful for the multitude of wonderful blessings given to me on a regular basis, I could never have a bad day.
Here's a short list of things that I am appreciative of:
- The freedom and opportunity to worship God as He directed us to, through the life of Christ.
- My own little family that I get to come home to every day
- All of my extended family+friends
- My wonderful customers who just love my chickens and turkeys
- Natural provisions: food, clothing, shelter, all of which are of great quality
- My farm animals and their ability to sooth my mind body and soul
- Living in South Dakota, I love this region
Really, when I take a close look at what all I do have, I realize that life is pretty grand. It's only when I lose my thankfulness that I run into impatience, discontent, and aggravation.
I need to remember that.
What are you thankful for this year?